Covid-19 Hygiene Measures
The following hygiene measures are in place whilst staying at Peterborough House
In order to operate in a secure environment, we have made a few changes to our guidelines. Please familiarise yourself with these.
- If at any time during your stay you think you may have coronavirus symptoms, call the helpline immediately: +44 (0)1534 445566 and then report it to the residence caretaker. You can also find useful information on the Jersey government website.
- Physical distancing of 1 metre should be maintained with anyone from outside your household (especially on public transport) .
- Wearing of a mask is recommended within confined spaces.
- There is a hand sanitising station by the front door. Frequent and thorough hand washing and avoiding touching your face are also recommended.
- Before your arrival, our staff have carried out a thorough clean of your room with regulated products, according to government guidelines.
- Please use the hand gel provided whenever entering the residence or using the communal areas (kitchen, dining & lounge).
- Please try to minimise your time in the communal areas. The following limits apply to each room:
- Dining room (maximum 5 persons, 30 minutes)
- Lounge (maximum 4 persons, 1 hour)
- Kitchen (maximum one person or two people from the same household, 30 minutes)
Meals / Laundry
- You will be allocated space to store your food in the dining room. Please ensure that you clean your hands before and after handling food.
- In order for the kitchen to be shared we ask that guests keep their time to a maximum of 30 minutes. If the kitchen is busy there is also a microwave in the dining room for preparing hot meals.
- Please clean your area thoroughly using the disinfectant spray when you are finished. Dirty dishes should be placed in the dishwasher.
- Please arrange with the residence caretaker if you wish to use the laundry facilities at Fairholme (next door).