Terms & conditions
Terms & conditions for renting shared accommodation
General Terms & Conditions
Please read our general terms & conditions below (valid from until 8th June 2024).
- Upon arrival, the caretaker and resident will together review the room condition and contents which will be detailed in an inventory and condition report. At the end of the stay, the caretaker will check that rooms remain in the same condition, with the same contents. Any damage or loss of property will be charged to the resident. If the resident has not signed the inventory within three working days of the receipt, it will be deemed as a fair and accurate description.
- Residents of Beachside no.1 & no.2 are responsible for their own room cleaning, emptying of bins, recycling and laundry (although a cleaning service can be provided for an additional fee). A vacuum cleaner is available. Residents should purchase their own cleaning products and toiletries e.g. toilet roll. Rooms will be inspected by the caretaker on a monthly basis for cleanliness. If, in the opinion of the caretaker, the room requires more than routine cleaning, residents will be given two weeks to rectify the issue. Failure to comply with this condition will result in the room being professionally cleaned and the cost passed on to the resident.
At Peterborough House, a cleaner will come in weekly and this is included within the rental price, however toiletries e.g. toilet roll are not included.
In all properties, residents should keep the bedroom interiors well-ventilated so as to prevent the formation of condensation/damp.
- Any room changes, once having occupied a room, must be agreed by the office. Additional room cleaning and linen changes will apply.
- Communal areas will be cleaned weekly, but residents are expected to keep the communal areas tidy and free from rubbish. Residents are also expected to clean up after they use the kitchen. Persistent failure to comply with this condition will result in the communal areas, including the kitchen being closed to residents. Any costs for professional cleaning of the communal areas will be passed on to residents. All costs to fix or replace damaged and/or missing items within the communal areas will be passed on to residents (except where the damage has occurred due to general wear and tear).
- At Beachside no.1 & no.2, bed linen, blankets and bath towels are not provided, guests must provide their own. Laundry facilities are available. Residents should purchase their own washing powder.
At Peterborough House, bed linen is provided but no bath towels. Laundry can be washed & dried onsite at no extra charge. Residents should purchase their own washing powder though.
- All rooms have private bathrooms and include clothes storage and a desk / chair at Beachside no.1 & no.2. Beds will normally be a standard sized single bed. We are unable to offer the choice of double bed.
At Peterborough House, clothing storage areas will vary from room to room – there are either cupboards, drawers or both. There is storage under the double beds and desks in all rooms.
- In the kitchen, basic cooking utensils and cutlery are provided. There is a dishwasher and most kitchen appliances (e.g. toaster, kettle, coffee machine etc). Dishwasher tablets & washing up liquid are provided. Residents must share space in the kitchen cupboards, fridges and freezers between themselves. Facilities to make light snacks and refreshments are available in the dining room until midnight at Beachside no.1 & no.2.
- There are no car parking facilities onsite at any residences. Bicycles may be stored in the outside areas at Beachside no.1 & no.2 but there are no covered areas for bicycle storage and they are left at owners risk. At Peterborough House there is a storage room next to the entrance which has space for approximately 3 bikes.
- Fees include all bills i.e. electricity, heating, water, WiFi. From autumn to spring, heating is provided throughout the residences in the mornings (usually between 7:00 – 10:00) and evenings (usually between 16:00 – 22:00). Please note that bedrooms are not heated overnight or during the day. During the daytime the communal areas are heated so residents may study at the residence if they wish.
- Although 24 hours’ notice will normally be given, I.T.C. reserves the right to access rooms while residents are not present for maintenance reasons.
- With regards to external services (electricity, water, gas, WiFi etc.) I.T.C. will endeavour to ensure the services are continuous and reliable but accept no liability for the downtime or poor performance of services in respect of matters which are outside of our control.
- I.T.C. does not accept any liability in relation to any damage to, or loss of, personal property and belongings except where the damage or loss is caused by the negligence of I.T.C. It is the residents’ responsibility to arrange adequate insurance cover.
- Residents are expected to behave appropriately and treat each other with respect at all times. Anti-social behaviour such as excessive noise, bullying, failure to clean adequately or inappropriate dressing will be reported to the residence caretaker.
- Residences are located in residential areas and residents are expected to respect neighbours at all times. In order not to disturb them, residents should keep noise to a minimum, both inside and out. Use of the kitchen is prohibited after 22:00 and other communal areas close at midnight.
- I.T.C. reserves the right to evict residents due to serious misconduct or continued failure to observe residence rules giving one week notice.
- Portable electric heaters, candles & incense sticks etc. are considered a safety risk and are therefore strictly forbidden from bedrooms.
- Smoking is forbidden throughout the residence buildings. Residents may smoke in the outside areas.
- Illegal drugs are strictly prohibited.
- Pets are prohibited.
- Overnight guests staying in bedrooms may be permitted by prior arrangement with the residence caretaker/office, additional costs may be incurred depending on length of stay. Non-residents invited in at any time should be respectful of other residents.
- Belongings left behind without the prior agreement of the caretaker may be given to charity or disposed of.
Payment Terms & Conditions
- An advanced payment of £150 is required to reserve a room. Please note that this is not refundable in the case of cancellation. The advance payment is held until the final departure date and may be used to cover the cost of lost keys or any damage caused to the room or communal areas.
- Upon departure, the caretaker will check the room to ensure that it is clean and that there are no damages to the room or equipment in the room. Should the room be found to be in a satisfactory condition, the advanced payment will be refunded to the resident. When entering the room if the resident notice anything wrong, the caretaker should be informed, or the resident will be held accountable for it.
- For academic year rentals, unless by prior arrangement payment is required for a full term at least three weeks before the resident’s arrival date. Term dates are fixed and cannot be reduced or extended unless by prior arrangement with I.T.C. Rent is not charged between terms e.g. Christmas & Easter when residents are absent (belongings can be left in the room with the prior agreement from the caretaker), however students are not entitled to any refund if they wish to vacate their room during term time. Residents sharing rooms will not be liable for any refund if they wish to leave their room before the end of their fixed term. In the event that there is no-one available to share the room with, they will be expected to pay the full shared room rate.
I.T.C. reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and residents should therefore check them each time they make a reservation. The terms and conditions applying to the reservation will be those in place on the date that the reservation was made.